Choose the best fire
Watching real flames, hearing and feeling the crackling heat have been the nicest features of a fire for thousands of years. The magic of a real fire has found it’s way back into our homes supported by ever increasing energy prices and climate issues. The Metro range of wood fires provides the genuine power of fire, the magic of its flames and the natural warmth it provides to the family home.
A Metro fire will do more than simply heat your home. It can also heat water, save on power bills, provide security against electricity restrictions or outages, and can also be used to cook on and boil water for drinking.
Metro offer both clean air approved and LTD models which operate at very high efficiencies when installed with the Metro ECO Flue system. Add a Metro Climate Control System and maximise heat usage to warm your entire home. Eliminate condensation and dampness to provide a healthy dry environment for your family.
Designed and manufactured in New Zealand, Metro utilises the highest quality materials, workmanship and the very latest manufacturing techniques. Ongoing investment into research and development, rigorous quality control and premium warranties are testament to Metro’s commitment to remain at the forefront of the wood fire industry.
Trusted, reliable wood fires with style, exceptional performance and longevity at affordable prices that will heat your home for many years to come. Metro are proud to support local industry and New Zealand’s future.
The benefits of Metro
- Clean air approved models meet NZ’s stringent clean air requirements
- LTD models feature longer burn times and the larger capacity wetbacks for water heating
- Premium 10 year firebox warranty and 1 year parts warranty
- Manufactured in 6, 8 and 10mm NZ carbon steel with fire brick lined fireboxes
- Big on features, massive on performance, small on price
- Proudly 100% New Zealand made
- Trusted, reliable heat for your home
The benefits of using wood to heat your home
- A wood fire is relatively cheap to run, even if you have to purchase firewood.
- If you have access to free firewood, your running costs will be close to zero.
- Burning wood from sustainable forests is carbon neutral. While trees are growing, they capture carbon dioxide from the air. This carbon dioxide is released either when the wood is burnt, or when the tree dies and rots. While some emissions are produced in the transporting and processing of the wood, this is only a very small amount per unit of heat produced.
- Wood is renewable and sustainable. New Zealand has extensive areas of forestry. Generation after generation of trees can be successfully harvested to produce firewood.
- Metro wood fires will work during power cuts and can provide heat, hot water and also cook food on.
- Most Metro models can be equipped with a wetback to heat household hot water.