Sam Rapira Boxing
An up and coming sportsperson, boxer Sam Rapira is committed to developing a full time professional boxing career. Born and raised in Taranaki and married with three children, Sam is the eldest of a talented sporting family, is a good communicator, relates well to a wide range of people and has a growing fan base.
Sam is currently self employed as a fitness trainer and also committed to development of boxing in Taranaki through his support of the Box Office Boxing Club. He has completed a very successful amateur boxing career which included selection for various boxing teams at regional, national and international events.
He has a great attitude, has leadership potential, trains and prepares well, and is fully committed to his boxing career. We believe with the right support and opportunity that he has the potential to be a leading boxer both within New Zealand and internationally as a professional boxer.
Sam balances his work and family commitments around his training and boxing schedule through effective time management and setting high standards. Sam has a tremendous appetite for training and competition, evidenced by the high regard various boxing coaches and training staff have for Sam in terms of his preparation and commitment to ensure he is in the best possible shape to consistently perform to a high standard.
We are proud to support Sam Rapira Boxing and the progression of his professional boxing career.
Sam's achievements include:
- Nine wins, with seven fights won by way of knockout.
- New Zealand #1 light-heavyweight for 2012. Member of national team with Joseph Parker and was nominated captain three times
- Shane Cameron’s sparring partner for Danny Green bout in November 2012
- Defeated Australian light-heavyweight champion May 2012
- Bronze medal at 2012 Serbia 50th Winner tournament. Defeated France and Hungary in prelims. Lost to German champion 14-11 in semis
- 2012 Taranaki Maori Sportsman of the Year, and Overall Sportsperson of the Year
- Silver medal at 2011 Arafura Games and defeated Olympic bronze medallist and Indian champion Vijender Singh via points decision in May 2011
- Gold medal at 2011 New Caledonia Six Nations tournament in June 2011
Sam's next event:
Check out www.rapiraboxing.co.nz for more info on Sam's progress and upcoming boxing events.